Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pansies Thinking of You Tablescape


Pansies are so amazingly hardy, yet so delicate looking. They are "cousins" of the similar looking viola.



Pansy  comes from the French word pensee, meaning "remembrance" or "thought".  So, when a bouquet of pansies is given to you, it means, "I'm thinking of you."

Here is my "Thinking of You" Tablescape!
 
 
 
My mother made this statue in ceramics  years ago........
 
 
 
and she made this runner for me last week!
The green flower shaped plates are from Pier 1.






Hallmark’s longest-running greeting card is, in fact,  the Pansy Card



I bet you've seen this one!

It.was introduced as a Mother's Day card in 1939, selling for a nickel.
Hallmark reissued the design as a thinking-of-you card in 1941.

The pansy card remains in Hallmark’s line today and sells for 99 cents.
 
And in conjunction with Hallmark's centennial, USPS  introduced a 2010 LOVE stamp that featured an image of a white woven basket brimming with purple pansies.
 
 
A 6 pack of pansies and the thinking-of-you pansy card.......
Wouldn't it be a wonderful little gift for someone you know?





 
                               I am joining Susan at 

   
                                                                                 
               for Tablescape Thursday.  
                                                         


9 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your pretty pansey table. Love their "faces"

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, how I adore pansies (they are my sorority flower), and this table is so sweet! And I love the statue your mother made. Very pretty table, indeed.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Donna Heber said...

Gorgeous pansy tablescape Pat! I just love how you decorated the statue your mother gave you. Beautiful dainty flowers.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

A very lovely spring table. Love those lil floral dessert plates, so cute! and what a great idea,
the way you did the pansies around the statue.
the statue is very pretty and so nice your Mom made it and you get to keep it. Love the green and the purple, very nice!!
blessings, Nellie
You are right that would make a very nice gift for a friend.

Lynn said...

Such a cute setting and I love your green glasses! Thanks for the info on pansies, I look forward to them each spring:@)

Tricia said...

What a pretty table! I love pansies, too, but never got any planted last fall, so have suffered from pansy deprivation all winter. I love your little green dishes -- I've admired those at Pier 1, but so far have resisted!

Jeanne said...

Thank you for stopping by Pat. I love the dishes I shared today. It is nice to know someone else has them and loves them too. I have almost every piece that was made except the cereal bowls. I have collected them for years.
I love your 'Thinking of You' tablescape. Pansies are one of my favorite flowers. The statue is so well done. Your mom sounds like a real sweet lady. Your dishes are pretty, especially the small ones from Pier 1. Good job.
Hugs, Jeanne

Kathleen said...

Pretty table, Pat. Love those cheerful pansies!

Marigene said...

What a delightful table, Pat...I love pansies with their cute little faces.