Monday, January 10, 2011

Milk Glass and Blue

I change out my hutch for Christmas, Halloween, and green spring/summer and blue winter. I am glad to have the  rich, full Christmas things put away, and simple milk glass and some blue to look at.
















I have picked up all my milk glass at garage sales, antique stores  and  thrift stores. It has always been really cheap, until Eddie Ross declared it to be wonderful, now the antique stores are putting big prices on it!





This cake stand looks pretty good with a big chocolate cake on it! (of course a big chocolate cake looks good on a paper plate!)



I am joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday.




6 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I agree...I like the blue and white for the after Christmas winter look. Love how you did it!

April D said...

Sooooooo lovely! I collect milk glass too--or did till my collection reached tipping point and I just have NO ROOM for it left. I also collect blue and white!
Your things are so pretty. I like the ribbons accenting the white--just adds to all the fun textures of the glass itself.
AGREED on the chocolate cake part!
Happy Tuesday!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, you have some gorgeous and unusual pieces and they are all displayed so beautifully. Love your hutch. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!

I love it all, especially the dark blue tray dish. So pretty!

Lynn said...

Your hutch is beautiful, lovin' the milk glass-enjoy:@)

Donnie said...

Just gorgeous. I love the white with the pops of blue.