Thursday, June 14, 2012

Have a Seat and Some Cake

I have been away from the blogging world since March. Wasn't planned, nothing catastrophic, it just happened. Life just kept getting in the way, and every time I thought of blogging, it seemed like work instead of fun. So, I guess I just took a long break! Now that I am on summer vacation, I hope to get back to this again. I have missed reading all your blogs and seeing all the incredibly creative and pretty things you all do.


I made a lemon cake with lemon cream cheese frosting. And you know what? I like it best when it's frozen.


I put a big Martha Todd daylily on the top. It is a bright, lemon yellow. Daylilies are starting to bloom here, but mine had an early drought this spring, and by the time I realized it, and watered them, it was almost too late. They started going downhill before they even set scapes. 


These two daylilies are called Beautiful Edgings. A paler yellow with a little pink around it's ruffly edges. 

This beauty is called Coral Cay. It is more of a coral color, but I couldn't get the light right for it. 


It is good to be back blogging. Have some more cake!


I am joining Fishtail Cottage for the

l

and


for Tablescape Thursday.

8 comments:

The Farmers Daughter said...

Enjoyed your post. . .so glad you're back. . .

Barbara F. said...

Welcome back! Kiwi and Pearlie were asking about Oliver. These lilies are so huge and beautiful and almost look like silk ones. Your cake sounds luscious. xo

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Too pretty to eat!

Meredith said...

Beautiful. I love your cake plate and your lilies are stunning.

Tess said...

Your cake looks so yummy and the yellow looks so pretty with the blue. Love your forks...great pattern!

Marigene said...

So glad to see you back, Pat! Beautiful lilies...mine are just about done blossoming, everything is so early this year.

Fishtail Cottage said...

YUMMY! & really great way to use your blooms! so pretty! thanks for sharing over here at this weeks cottage garden party at Fishtail Cottage! xoox, tracie

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I love the blue and white dishes! Your daylillies are beautiful