Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Gardening Buddies

When I walk through the yard to look at things, this is who is always there, and this is the end I generally see!



This is Oscar, the 11 year old wienie dog in the Bishop's Weed. He is always looking for chipmunks, finding lots, catching none. The Bishop's Weed is on the north side of the house, so it self-contains.

And here is Roxy, also looking for chipmunks in the hosta bed.

Here are the sisters, Roxy and Tilly together on the hunt.

The hosta bed is looking good, we have had plenty of rain.
The lilies are blooming nicely.


Lots of buds today on these pink Asiatics.

The first of the daylilies are out, an old, old one called Siloam Double Classic and below is a  NO ID one in purple.


These purple perennials are doing great, this is their third year. Are you familiar with the little perennial saying?

First year-sleeps
Second year-creeps
Third year-leaps

It really is true. Does anyone know the name of these? Someone gave them to me and I don't know. Here is a close-up. The flowers are about the size of a ping pong ball. 





Thanks for looking, summer is exciting with lots more flowers to bloom. 


I am joining 

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Love the pics of the pups, gotta chuckle at "finding lots, catching none". That might be a good thing:@)

The Tablescaper said...

You have such a beautiful garden and I love your helpers! Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Cheryl said...

What a stunning garden you have! And I think driving through Kansas (in the spring) is one of my favorite drives. Cheryl

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Love your purple flowers, and their name is Clustered Bellflower ‘Superba’ (Campanula Glomerata ‘Superba’) I have them in my garden as well, and had to search for their name. Enjoy
Davine