Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Screened Porch

My porch in the back is screened and has storm windows. I would call it a "little of 3 seasons porch" in Kansas.  A little of spring, a little of summer and a little of fall.



The house plants get a vacation on the porch. Two big redbud trees shade the porch, so there is no direct sun but just the right amount of light.



Mama and I made the cushions together.



We did lime green paisley and dark blue denim.





bottle collection in the porch rafters






The round tablecloth I made from a drop cloth, and Mama made the topper.






You can barely see Oliver in his "vacation cage". He blends in nicely.














Here' s your chair, please stay awhile. Here's the view out the windows.


You can see the hosta bed from here. And I planted those two redbuds 26 years ago. And the tree behind the picnic table is the one the girls had their tree house in years ago.


You can see some of the flower beds from here.  I'll save the flower beds for another post.




I am joining Kim for her Deck and Porch Party





11 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You have such a nice sun room and your view to the back yard is very nice. Thanks for joining the summer blog party.

Barbara F. said...

What a beautiful porch, Pat. I love all your accents, but of course my favorite is Oliver :)
xo,

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Lovely! Don't you just love screened in porches!! Living in the South it's a must have!! Visiting from Savvy Southern Style!

Unknown said...

Love your porch. Your bird cages are lovely. Well....all your collections are!!

Great place to relax!

Diann said...

I am in love with your porch! And the colors of white, blue and green are so cooling and fresh looking. Just wonderful!

Anne said...

Hi Pat, your porch is just perfect. The blues and greens are so soothing. Nice that you visited me at bird/like so that i could discover your blog, I am going to follow you as well. Love Oliver, we have three pet birds!

summerland cottage said...

Hi Pat,

Your porch is beautiful !
I especially LoVe the bright green paisley fabric and the artfully arranged vintage bottle collection.

Thank you for sharing,
Paulette

Beth said...

Hi Pat, First I'd like to say that I love your header photo! I love your porch, too. You've decorated it beautifully, Pat. The green and blue bottles in the rafter are colorful and add a cheery vintage touch. I really like your white china cupboard too.
Blessings, Beth

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

OH!! I love your screened in porch and what i wouldn't do to have one!!
Love how you have it decorated!
So charming and inviting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Totally love the blue and green. One of my favorite combinations. I'm a fan of white wicker as well! Thanks for visiting my blog...I just became your newest follower. Have a great weekend!

Babs said...

Pat, Your screened porch is so pretty. The apple green and cobalt are so fresh and I absolutely love the bottles on the porch rafters. Looks like a photo idea from a magazine. :)
Happy Weekend,
Babs