Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tis The Season For A Few Scarecrows.....


The old town area puts up scarecrows every year at this time. Merchants are encouraged to participate in a scarecrow contest.  I walked around Sunday morning and snapped away. To my surprise I met my heartthrob just hangin' around downtown........










 Actually,there were a lot of men just hangin' around.










These next two pics are the display the eclectic decor shop put out.





 The Doll Shoppe added this lady.


You can see the Doll Hospital Ambulance in the background.




Doesn't she look like someone you know from the back?



Ok, I'm  going to say it.......We ARE in Kansas, Dorothy!


I am joining Chari for


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! What a wonderful town to live in when the merchants all have such a great sense of humor like this. Thanks for sharing with us on the Cristmas and Holiday forum. Kay aka Luvstocraft

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

How fun that the whole town participates! There are a lot of unique designs there! Love the doll lady!

I also posted about scarecrows!

Katherine

Love Of Quilts said...

How unique your town is. Trish

Unknown said...

I love them! So neat! More towns should do this great idea,Thanks for sharing,JoAnn

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

What a fun post to revisit for the Sunday Favorites party this week, my friend!

I really enjoyed the tour of a few of your local town's scarecrows! I must say the businesses were very creative! I just love the Edward Scissorhand scarecrow...how cute for a hair salon!!! Love that one...it was my favorite!

Thank you for joining in with the fun of Sunday Favorites this week, dear lady! I loved your post!

Have a super Sunday!
Chari @Happy To Design

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

How cute! What a great tradition for a town to have fun with!! Thanks so much for sharing these photos, I enjoyed your post!