Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some do it yourself Halloween

Daughter #2 sent me a link to a website that had free Halloween labels she had used to make some little treats and decorations. So after looking at the labels, off I went to the Dollar Tree for some treasures.



From the Dollar Tree I got (for a dollar each) the magnifying glass, spools of ribbon, black picture frame, bag of skulls and glass bowl and scent burner.


This glass jar was from Dollar Tree as was the dollar candy corn. I printed out the free label and burned the edges before gluing on the jar.



I made this one with a Mason jar I had, spray painted the lid and added bow and bigger label. I made this one for a gift, so I added peanuts to the candy corn. Never had that? Oh, my gosh! Tastes just like a Pay Day candy bar!


More free printable labels.


This one is from an old chemistry bottle. I have lots of old chemistry equipment, I think I will start eariler next year and do a whole witch laboratory!


Little skeletons from the Dollar Tree fill this jar labeled witch hazel. It says it relieves the most painful itches in a bewitching way. Yep, even took their skin off.......

Have fun and don't forget to unplug the smoke alarm when you burn the edges of your labels!!

Please visit these two websites for the free Halloween labels:



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

1 comment:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

What great fun, my friend! You sure do have some neat old bottles and I love all the spooky olden labels that you made for them! I bet you had sooo much fun creating these halloween treats! Thank you so much for sharing this sweet post from the past with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party this week! It was such a treat having you!!!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari

PS...ooops, I also wanted to thank you for including the links for the printable labels! Too cute!!!