Sunday, August 15, 2010

What I'm reading in August......



     I love reading fiction that lets me pick up bits of historical information, and travel to places I have not been. Lethal Legacy by Linda Fairstein does just that. Fairstein is a former prosecutor that now writes crime novels.  It takes place in New York, and much better, in the New York Public library, where the subject is theft of rare books and maps. This is a suspense novel that is the 11th in the series of Alexandra Cooper. This is the first one I have read, and it does NOT detract from the story. I may be late to the party, but I am going to read all of them!

Here is a short video of author Linda Fairstein in the New York Public Library:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7tf5y_lethal-legacy-linda-fairstein_shortfilms





                                                                                                                                                
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt is one book that has the most honest characters I have met in a long time. CeeCee is a 12 year old girl, who moves to Savannah, Georgia in 1967 to live with a great aunt. I have taught 12 year old girls for 13 years, and I must say  author Beth Hoffman has a clear picture of the internal thoughts of a 12 year old girl. This book made me cry and laugh out loud, and I wanted to have all those characters as friends, too. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt would  make a fabulous movie and I am already casting it in my mind!

Here is a link to an interview with author Beth Hoffman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FFX7u_Dw_s

No comments: