Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to School

Even though my girls are grown, I still cringe at the "Back to School" print ads and TV

 commercials, because I have to go back to school.  I have a mug that says:


I will not throw things in class.

I will not yell in class.

I will not get mad and hit the person sitting next to me.

I will not throw a temper tantrum.

I will be good because

I AM THE TEACHER!

I AM THE TEACHER!

I AM THE TEACHER!

So, I thought you might like to see some pictures of my classroom and students.


This is the classroom area of my room. I am on the right, and my helpful paraprofessional is on the left.



Above is the science lab in the back of the classroom.



Here are a few of my students carrying out a lab experiment. Notice how focused they are. No cell phones, no texting.  That's my principal on the right, stopping by to observe.



Sometimes in order to work out a formula, we must go back and review our math facts. Little Jimmy on the right  may be staying after school today........


This guy looks a little odd, but he is our new head of the Science department, and although his answers to my questions are quite detailed and complicated, I think he is going to work out all right.


WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL!


1 comment:

Laura said...

Ha ha! Tell me they've upgraded your science labs since these photos were taken!