Sunday, July 25, 2010

The best photo moments

I love family photos. We all do. It seems, though, that at the moment you take that photo, you don't know if it is going to be a keeper, a prize, a unforgettable moment. It takes time to make photos valuable. Time for the events to marinate in your memory.  Can you remember being lined up, as a child, so someone could take everyone's pic, and how you would rather be doing something else, or it was hot, or you were tired? Do you remember being the photographer and  trying to get everyone to cooperate for just one pic, that turned out to be 4 or 5 until you got it right, until everyone was smiling, until it was perfect? I have two photos that are out on display in my home that I see every day. The first one was taken on a weekend at the lake, when all my  cousins were together. I remember it being taken, during a long, hot day of  swimming  picnicing, and playing. All we wanted to do was anything  but have our picture taken. Time has made this a perfect picture.


That's me on the far right.



I was the photographer of this picture twenty some years ago. It is of my daughters at their grandpa's farm.

 

  Time makes some of  

"The Best Moments".



No comments: