Monday, January 9, 2012

A Study in Blue and Cream

Here's a little vignette on top of my chest of drawers. I like to keep surfaces pretty sparse in the bedroom, but this grouping just grew.

Miniature dress maker forms holding pearls....


an urn looking candle holder...


and some caged china orbs.


The prints were found years ago  rolled up in the corner of a dirty antique store. One for behind the chest, and one over the bed. 


The matching print hangs above the bed.


I am joining Marty at


6 comments:

Kim, USA said...

I love your miniature dress maker and all your decoration here. Thanks for inspiring.

Kim, USA

Babs said...

Your vignette is so pretty and feminine, and I LOVE the prints. Nice find.

Tess said...

Very pretty dresser (Mine is full of very UN-pretty stuff!!! Yours is so neat!). I LOVE your prints...they look like a fairy tale!

I'm enjoying Downton Abbey so much too! I love everything about it! I have the first season on DVD and have watched every episode several times. Will undoubtedly do the same for this season! Thank you for stopping by. So...where do you stand are Lady Mary and Matthew? Can't wait to see what the newspaper baron has on Matthew's fiance!!!

Barbara F. said...

I love your pearls. Blue and cream is very soothing to me. I like the prints too. xo

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

What a beautiful vignette, Pat!

Thanks so much for your visit.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my... those prints are just wonderful. What a lucky find. Great tabletop.. :-)

Blessings,
Spencer