Thursday, June 16, 2011

I See Sunflowers!

Just as spring is the anticipation of summer, seed packets are the anticipation of beautiful blooms.


The sunflower is Kansas' state flower, but was originally native to Central America  by at least 2600 BC.  The earliest known examples of a fully domesticated sunflower north of Mexico have been found in Tennessee and date to around 2300 BC. Different varieties of sunflowers grow along the roadsides and highways here in Kansas.


In the ditch, just down the road from me.

SO,  I brought some packets of bloom home! Then, a sunflower table was in order.




I started with these woven chargers, and added Bordallo Pinheiro plates.


Next, I added sunflower napkins my mother hand hemmed for me.


I am crazy about these sunflower salad bowls!




I really like the detail on this vase.








Woven chargers-World Market
Bordallo Pinheiro plates- garage sale
Sunflower plates- dollar store
Napkins- hand made by Mom
Tablecloth- Ralph Lauren
Green goblets- Target
Vase- garage sale, says Kirkland's on bottom
Green birdies- Michael's


Here's to growing sunflowers!

I am joining 

today.

3 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

Your sunflower salad bowls are awesome. The whole table is so bright and cheery.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Love the flowers. I am a new follower.

Marlis said...

I love sunflowers, they always remind me of my mom. Your vase and the plates are soo pretty as is the whole table. Many blessings, marlis